July 11 2012
Introduction by KGS & Chairman
Get your brand added to the shopping cart
Exploring how a woman researches products online to prepare for her shopping trips
- Understanding the people, resources, and needs that influence her purchase behaviors
- Identifying how the rise of mobile is changing her retail experience
- Leveraging mobile and the web to connect your brand with her in new and innovative ways
Ethelbert Williams, Head of Marketing, Total Beauty Media Group
Aveda Case Study: A 360 approach to driving consumer engagement.
Learn how one brand developed a synergistic program utilizing print, digital, social media, sampling and CRM to acquire new guests and drive guest loyalty.
Rachel Ostrom, Executive Director, Consumer Engagement, Aveda
Accelerate Your Product Development With Open Innovation
- How to Scout Novel Chemicals & Materials Technologies?
- How to Find Technologies Closer to commercialization?
- How To Incorporate these Technologies into your Product Development?
Sebastien Gourdon, Open Innovation Director, SpecialChem
Case study Nivea Visage Nordics - How to respect regional consumer needs within a global brand
The presentation will show based upon a real case how one can find the right balance between the global identity of a brand
and the specific regional consumer needs – resulting in communication which resonates with consumers, is true to the brand & leads to market success.
Sonja Ungewitter, Global Vice President Business Development, Beiersdorf.
Working session on ultimate experience commerce: exploring the critical relationship between video-rich content and social media activation in the beauty industry
Just over a decade ago, online commerce was simply a digital version of print. Mainly due to bandwidth constraints, the online experience wasn’t much more than a slightly cleaner catalogue. Now much of that has changed, with the emergence of digital video as a way of providing a much richer, deeper online shopping experience for beauty and cosmetics customers.
Today “experience commerce,” a fusion of brand marketing and product merchandising that enables visitors to access an entertaining online social shopping experience, serves as a portal to products they might like to buy, and is fundamentally changing the way people shop and experience cosmetics brands online.
But that’s only half the picture. To ensure the potency of an experience commerce initiative, social media activation must be employed. In a workshop seminar designed to actively engage attendees on the issues and possibilities related to building beauty brands through video-rich experience commerce via social media activation, Glick will helm a session that includes dynamic audience involvement and covers:
- Developing and delivering timely and engaging video content to your cosmetics customers
- Activating existing online beauty campaigns in a cost and time efficient manner
- Reaching even broader media for your business and creating brand awareness through video content
- Effectively using video to demonstrate beauty products through the three main highways of social media activation – what we like to call the ‘triad of digital distribution’ - .com, Social and Mobile
The session will actively encourage audience interaction, where technology will be integrated with audience-generated content to engage the people attending the session.
Ross Glick - CEO - iNDELIBLE
Networking drinks reception
July 12 2012
Introduction by KGS & Chairman presentation
L'Oreal: How Digital Unleashes The Power Of Beauty
Beauty has always been about seduction, interaction and emotion. but until now, L'Oreal could only connect with consumers through traditional advertising. Today digital extends the opportunity across the entire beauty consumer lifecycle. How does digital enable L'Oreal to achieve their strategic goals?
- Why is beauty and digital a seductive mix for consumers?
- How does digital allow L'Oreal to relevantly connect across the beauty consumer lifecycle?
George-Edouard Dias, SVP e-Business, L'Oreal
Combining internal collaboration and external partnerships for better and quicker innovation
- Identifying the right external partners and bringing them early on in the innovation process
- Connecting scientists to the consumer and the business partners
- Leveraging processes from other industries to speed-up innovation
- Bringing cross-functional interaction to the next level
Fabienne Jacquet, Director External Innovation, Colgate Palmolive
Give us the China price ... or give us Innovation
Patrick Ternier, CEO, Innovation Framework Technologies.
Coffee and Networking
Bring your Innovation to Market: Leveraging consumer insights from new product development to marketing
New innovations require a deep understanding of the consumer in many phases of a product’s life cycle, from product development to launch. Understanding how to communicate a product’s benefits, how to exemplify the reasons to believe, and how to best position an innovative offering is key in recognizing what triggers your consumers. Using an example of on-pack packaging communication, an interactive case study will allow you to participate in evaluating claims, followed by a workshop to learn the principles of creating effective claims. These principles have been derived from SKIM’s meta-analysis on claims across multiple consumer product industries. The analysis evoked learnings including the benefit of using a tangible promise of value, versus commonly used communication elements such as comparative advertising and several other pitfalls. While these principles will be applied to on-pack claims and related messaging, they can also be applied to communications testing across every phase of the product life cycle. In this way, the workshop will exemplify the need to derive consumer insight across multiple phases of the product life cycle, so that you can successfully bring your innovation to market.
Sourabh Sharma, Social Media Research Expert and Project Manager & Paul Janssen, Director, Consumer Division, SKIM
Why Did Doctor Oz Start A Beauty Website?
Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Michael Roizen and Steven Lindseth started YouBeauty to explore women’s beauty as a reflection of a healthy lifestyle. In fact, science shows beauty equals health, and a woman achieves her own authentic beauty when she is healthy, happy and feels socially connected. In this session Steven Lindseth will explore:
- How they are integrating beauty and science into a broader lifestyle discussion, correlating it to every dimension of a woman’s life in a cohesive and actionable way
- Building a large engaged audience by packaging health information and science in a way women want to consume it
- Trends in beauty and online retailing
Steven W. Lindseth, CEO and Co-Founder of YouBeauty.com
The Next Multi Billion Dollar Market - A Global Perspective
The beauty devices market reached close to $1 billion at the retail level in 2011 in the United States alone. Clearly, these devices are finding a very receptive and growing audience of savvy consumers looking to save time and money by avoiding regular trips to the doctor for those in-office procedures that were once commonplace in more robust economic times. With exceptional growth forecast through 2017, this presentation will take an in-depth look at the market for this emerging product –class across the U.S., Asia, and Europe.
Karen Doskow - Industry Manager, Consumer Products practice - Kline Group
Social Media & Local Market Innovation
In this case study, Valerie Hoecke of Benefit Cosmetics will speak to:
- the inherently local nature of social media, with implications for brands that are traditionally lead through headquarters
- examples of how market-based social media efforts are driving innovative marketing communications at Benefit
- implications for brand organization & practices
Valerie Hoecke, VP Digital Experience and Commerce, Benefit Cosmetics
Charming the Blase Consumer
A hearty dose of marketing product development reality on today's consumer and what drives their purchases; that will address:
- What is a "terrorist consumer"?
- Is the idea of innovation dead?
- How to orchestrate the perfect product?
- What is the recipe for today's uberproduct?
Brian Fox Krawchyk, Founder and Visionary, Genealogy
Avon Connects and Empowers Women for 125 Years. How About the Next 125?
Avon is a pioneer in global expansion, with its first international operations established in 1954. As the world’s largest direct seller, Avon markets leading beauty, fashion and home products to women in more than 100 countries through approximately 6.5 million inde- pendent Avon Sales Representatives. Reetu Gupta will share her experience in innovative customer engagement spanning different countries and cultures.
- Creating value with technology as a company for women in a digital era
- Connecting with women with opportunities : How Avon Connects through Social Media
- Engaging customers with an innovative approach
Reetu Gupta - Director, Global Digital Strategy and Analytics - Avon
Chairman’s comments and close of conference