The innoCos Leader of the Year Award has been created by the Global Cosmetics Community to recognize and honour managers and leaders in the Cosmetics and Personal Care Industry who have significantly contributed to the success of their company by developing, enhancing and expanding the practice of innovation.
The Award draws applicants from a wide diversity of companies within the cosmetics and personal care industry: beauty brands and retailers, packaging, raw material suppliers and other organisations involved in contributing to the value chain of bringing cosmetics to consumers.
Eligibility & Requirements
This award will be presented to the most outstanding Innovation Leader who contributed to a culture of innovation and demonstrated uniqueness of approach, potential impact and stimulated members of the team to innovate.
- Nominees must currently hold a leadership position in the organisation and lead the team, who have innovated a service / process, developed a product innovation or brought it to market.
- Nominations are open for leaders in the cosmetics and personal care value chain, from raw material suppliers to retailers.
- Applicants must present accomplishments related to the nominee’s current position.
- You can nominate your manager, leader, colleague or even yourself, providing that at least one person (nominee / nominated person) is a Global Cosmetics Community member.
The deadline to submit the nominations is 20th April 2014.
Please complete the online form to submit your final application. Upon completion you will be sent a confirmation message.
All award content, including the identity of applicants, will be held in strict confidence and used only by the award judges in the judging process.
Steering Committee / Judges
Applications will be reviewed by an international panel of experts from complementary industries with a specialisation in Leadership, Strategy & Innovation who have experience working with/in the cosmetics and/or personal care industry.
1. Andrea Prencipe – Professor of Economics and Management of Innovation at LUISS Guido Carli University of Rome.
2. Mick Broekhof- Founding Partner of Kalypso Europe, consulting firm specialized in innovation
3. Graham Cross – Director of Innovation Acceleration and Commercial Alliances at Unilever
4. Committee support: Tiffany Le Brun, Manager, Kalypso.
The judging process will be conducted in two phases by our judges.
Phase 1: Finalist Selection: 20th of April – 1st May
A team of judges will read each application, rank the order based on detailed evaluation criteria and select a set of 3 finalists from each category for the next phase.
Phase 2: Interviews: 1st May – 15th May
A team of judges will interview the finalists and then meet (online/offline) to pick the winner. Finalists will be notified in advance so that they can prepare for the interviews. They will also be invited to attend the innoCos Leader of the Year Awards Dinner on May 22 in Rome.
The finalists will be officially announced in a press release in April. The winners will be officially announced in a press release on the day of the innoCos Europe Summit 2014 in Rome.
Finalists will be formally recognized at an Awards Dinner at the end of the first day of innoCos Europe Summit. Press interviews of the finalists will be arranged during the day.
Please fill in the Awards Nomination Form below and submit before April 20th 2014
Submissions will be reviewed by an international steering advisory committee who will select the top finalists and winners in each category.
For award-related questions
We wish you the best of luck and look forward to your application.
If you have any questions, please contact Irina Kremin at